Monday, June 14, 2010

To work--for myself


So, here it is. I am going to work for myself. I simply cannot work for other people any more.
The last job I was hired by very good people, business people, but approachable, funny, balanced personalities able to work together without control issues getting in their way. The company fires them for doing something they were trained to do and replace them with Borderline Personality Disorder Control Freak Drama Queen Don't-want-to-hear-your-side-of-the-story-just-gonna-tell-you-what-was-said-you-must-have-done-it--you know the type--and her emasculated passive husband. That with the sociopathic woman Drama Queen made head housekeeper created a very hostile workplace for everyone and a negative atmosphere for the senior citizens who live there.
So, they are still there and I am out. But, I am no longer taking Cymbalta. Now, as I am facing mid-life and soreness is more of a factor in the physical jobs, I am going to step outside the bun and get a massage license. Shoulda done it years ago instead of business school. Still thinking in the wrong paradigm then. Gotta have a day job, something to "fall back on" if one is going to do theatre. Poop on that. While I've been "falling back" others I know were going forward into their dreams. My turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment